Sunday, June 17, 2012

My Itinerary

I fly to San Francisco and meet up with the other U.S. teachers on Tuesday at the airport.  We leave for Japan at 1:30 pm and arrive in Tokyo at 4:15 pm the next day!  We'll be in Tokyo till Friday, June 24th and then fly to our host cities - one group will fly to Hiroshima and the other group to Nara.  I am in the Nara group.

In Nara I will be completing a home-stay with a family from the town.  Then we will spend 5 days in the town. Nara was once the capital of Japan and is known for its ancient temples and shrines as well as the deer! Go here for more information on Nara.  Nara is located near Kyoto and Osaka.

After Nara, we head to Kyoto for a day of sight-seeing.  This was also once the capital of Japan and has a great number of beautiful temples!

Then it's back to Tokyo via the bullet train for a wrap-up conference with all the teachers from both the U.S. and Japan!  I leave Tokyo on July 2nd at 4pm and arrive in Phoenix at 3:30 on July 2nd!!

Question of the day: If you had this opportunity, what would you like to see or do in Tokyo? (hint go to this link to learn more about the city).  Write your answers in the comment section. 

10 comments:

  1. I want to learn more about japanese warrior.


    kylie

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would like to try some of there food.
    lily martin

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I had your opportunity, I would like to see their museums to see and understand their culture and history. I would also like to visit the shrines to understand their religion. And then I would like to see the Japanese friendship gardens.

    Anne Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to go there and see the art work.



    p.s. sasha :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to see the japanese wild life there I like to see what kind of animals are in japan.

    From
    Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Watashi wa Fujisan no chikaku ni sakura o mite mitai.

    --Shi. Gaburieru· Busshu

    I would like to see the cherry blossoms near Mount Fuji.

    --Mr. Gabriel Bush

    ReplyDelete
  7. What i would do in tokyo is eat japanese food.
    -- Sam Rubin --

    ReplyDelete
  8. learn japanese language

    victor

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I had the opportunity that she has then I would go visit all art musiuesm there. I would see different art work and look at the differences that they have, that we dont have.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete